The scriptures offer powerful examples of strong women who lead others and live the teachings of Jesus. In the Old Testament, women such as Ruth and Esther lived according to what they believed was God’s will, doing their best to love, learn, and lead. Modern daughters of God can do the same.
When a crowd asked Jesus what the top commandment was, He told them they must love God with all their heart, soul, and mind. He added that the second most important commandment was to love others as they loved themselves. (Mark 12:30)
Daughters of God are called to love their Lord and to spread that love to others. Praying for others, assisting those in need, teaching children, and caring for the sick are all ways women might show love. Jesus encouraged His followers to do these types of things, but small daily acts of kindness are also important.
Some ways you can love others daily in little ways include:
· Not just praying for them, but praying with them immediately in their time of need
· Affirming others by noting when they do a good job, show kindness, or excel in some way
· Buying someone a meal or beverage or making them a meal
· Simply sitting quietly with a friend who is troubled
· Giving your undivided attention to someone
Regardless of age or level of scriptural knowledge a woman reaches, she can continue learning about Jesus. God hasn’t revealed everything to His people yet, and even the knowledge He has shared is so vast and personal that it always holds something new for those who look. By opening yourself to constant learning, you become a good example for others who might seek to know Jesus better because of your actions.
Some ways you can learn about Jesus include:
· Reading the Scriptures
· Studying texts written by Mormon scholars and theologians
· Meeting with others for Bible study
· Attending worship services
Women in the LDS Church are disciples of Jesus and are called to lead others to discipleship. That leadership may take place in family roles, within the Church, and in social and professional circles.
· Working hard for others, for herself, and to honor God
· Teaching others so they can also succeed
· Remembering to follow God’s will in her life, even if that means taking steps that don’t match her own plans
In the Bible, women started churches, raised the most important leaders and prophets, and saved entire nations. Today, women still have work to do for God, and understanding your role as a daughter of God is the first step to starting that job.
Thank you so much stopping by my blog! If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.