This post was originally seen in Plucky’s Second Thought Blogging Tips & Tricks series! 🙂
I’ve been blogging for almost 2 & 1/2 years & the two biggest things that helped my blog grow have been Pinterest & link parties! We’ll save Pinterest for another day. ha! Today I’d love to share some tricks & tips when it comes to link parties.
Before we get to that you need to know what a link party is & how to link up to one! 🙂
A link party is hosted on someone else’s blog usually weekly, monthly or seasonally. You can also host one on your blog if you want to! (Annnd just in case you haven’t heard I have a link party on my blog that goes live every Tuesday at 7 pm central. I’d love to have you link up!) A link party is great because you get to come over to another blog & link up your latest projects & ideas. Other bloggers & blog readers will be able to see your projects, and hopefully you’ll gain some more exposure & readers for your own blog. It’s also a great way to meet & connect with other bloggers. Most link party host also do a weekly feature post featuring some of the link ups. My feature post are always on Thursdays. Link parties are awesome!
OK…first up…here’s a quick tutorial on how to join a link party! 🙂
so some may look a little different than this one!)
- Try to follow the host "rules". Most parties have rules & guidelines. For example, most parties ask that you not link up giveaways or business links. Be polite & follow the rules!
- Follow your host! 🙂
- Try to thank the host & leave a sincere comment!
- Visit a few of the other links! Leave a comment. Make some new blog friends.
- Add blogs that have parties to your blog roll. It will be easy to see when their party goes live!
- Try to link up to parties EARLY. The first links usually get more views. Try to figure out the times parties go live! Many parties go live at the same time & same day each week.
- Try to link up something new each week. Don’t link up the same thing over & over each week. Keep it fresh. 🙂
- Have fun!