This post was first seen over on Craftaholics Anonymous.
Hello! January is birthday month over at our house. Eek! In a few weeks my oldest daughter ~ Cailey has a birthday. Yay for birthdays! We are so big on tradition in our family. My daughter always ask for the exact same cake each year. We call it Ooey Gooey Cake, and it’s good! I wanted to change it up a little this year so I’m thinking about making these Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cupcakes again. Annnnnd guess what? These taste just as amazing! They just come in a smaller & cuter package! ha! 😉 So keep reading to see how I made them. They’re way easy & a little bit messy!
For this recipe you’ll need:
- chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- vegetable oil
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
- 1 bag of crushed Heath caramel bits
- Cool Whip
Makes: 24 chocolate cupcakes
1. First, you’ll mix your cake mix up according to the directions on the box. Adding the eggs, oil & water. Stir. Cook the cupcakes as directed on the box ~ about 25 minutes in a 350° oven.
2. Remove the cupcakes from the oven. While the cupcakes are still slightly warm you’ll poke holes in the cupcakes with the end of a wooden spoon ~ about 3 pokes per cupcake. Don’t poke all the way to the bottom just poke about half way through.
4. Then you’ll pour the sweetened condensed milk & then the caramel over the cupcakes. Set the cupcakes (still in the pan) in the refrigerator for a few hours so the sweetened condensed milk & caramel can soak in really good. Yummy!
5. When you are ready to serve your cupcakes top with Cool Whip & sprinkle with the Heath bits. You’ll want to double up your cupcake wrappers when you go to serve these. I wasn’t lying when I said these are gooey!
Oh my yum! These are delicious! They are THE best chocolate cupcakes I’ve ever eaten! They just melt in your mouth and the crunch of the Heath bar bits is perfect. These cupcakes are so yummy & sweet that you won’t even need to serve them with ice cream. They are perfect just the way that they are! This Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cupcakes are the perfect addition to your next party or as a special treat for your family. Let me know if you try them out!
Do you have any favorite birthday traditions in your family?
I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below. 🙂