This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Good morning! Eek! Christmas is almost here. Annnnnd if you are looking for the perfect gift idea for your vinyl obsessed wife or girlfriend, you have come to the right place! Of course, if YOU are the vinyl obsessed crafter, be sure to send this post to your significant other! I’m not sure how many hubbies are actually reading this blog. ha! 🙂 Anyways, today I am so excited to be sharing THE Ultimate Cricut Gift Guide for the Vinyl Obsessed! So, keep reading! 🙂
Last week I shared why I love my Cricut Explore Air 2 machine so much. Annnnnnd one of those reasons was vinyl! If you haven’t caught the vinyl bug…..what are you waiting for??!! This stuff is ah-mazing! You can make custom signs to your heart’s content, personalize just about anything, make your own stencils, label every thing in your house (ha!) and make décor for your walls. Vinyl is truly ah-mazing! I can’t get enough! You can see all my vinyl projects right here. Annnnd you will have everything you need to make all your vinyl dreams come true if you follow this all things vinyl gift guide. Let’s get started! 🙂
The first thing you are going to need is a machine, of course! 😉
1. Yep, the very first thing you need is a machine! It can be a little nerve wracking taking the plunge into the digital cutting world, but you can’t go wrong with a Cricut Explore Air 2. I can’t recommend this machine enough! If vinyl is your jam, then this is the machine for you. It’s simple to use. Just plug it in, turn the dial to vinyl, load your mat & cut away. The Cricut Explore Air 2 is user friendly and cuts beautifully! You will love it! 🙂 See why I love mine so much right here.
2. The next thing you are going to need is a ton of vinyl. ha! I love buying bulk vinyl from Cricut. I stock up on white and black vinyl since I tend to use those two colors most often, and then I keep smaller rolls of the other colors. Cricut has a huge variety of vinyl in tons of fun colors. 🙂
3. After you’ve stocked up on regular vinyl you’ll want to stock up on specialty vinyl. One of my favorites is glitter vinyl. Glitter is always so fun to use, and glitter & vinyl together is even better. ha! 🙂
4. Cricut has recently added tons of patterned vinyl to their ah-mazing vinyl line-up. You’ll definitely want to stock up on a few of these. Patterned vinyl is fun to use for labels, cards, embellishing notebooks & stationary & so much more!
5. An essential supply you’ll need to stock up on is Cricut Transfer Tape. When you apply the vinyl, the transfer tape is what helps you get your vinyl in just the right spot. I love how Cricut Transfer Tape has a grid on it, and that it is clear. It makes lining up your vinyl a breeze.
6. Another essential item are the Cutting Mats. Cricut Cutting Mats are color coded depending on the material you will be cutting out. For vinyl, I usually use the standard green mat. The blue light hold mat is also an option you can use. My Cricut mat lasts forever. If you stock up on 2 or 3 mats, they should last for quite a while. You’ll also want to get at least one or two 12 inch mats and one 24 inch mat for larger products.
7. The essential tool set from Cricut is just that essential! 🙂 It comes with weeding hooks, a trimmer, a scraper and other super helpful tools you will use as you work with your vinyl.
8. I’ve bragged about the Cricut BrightPad before. It helps you weed those intricate or small vinyl cuts. It is especially helpful when you are weeding glitter vinyl. You can learn all about the BrightPad right here.
9. When you’ve invested money into an ah-mazing machine, you are going to want to store it in the best way possible. Purchasing a Cricut Machine Tote for your machine is a must have! Your machine will be well protected, easy to tote around and it keeps your machine nice & safe until you need it again.
10. Cricut Access is a must! Design Space is the program that will run your Cricut machine. Annnnd having Cricut Access will give your access to everything you need to create, create, create! 🙂
- Unlimited access to over 400 beautiful fonts
- Unlimited use of over 100,000 covet‑worthy, cut‑ready premium Cricut images
- 10% savings on all product purchases on cricut.com, including machines, accessories, materials, and more – including sale items!
- 10% savings on premium licensed fonts, images, and ready‑to‑make projects from brands like Disney, Sanrio, Simplicity, and Anna Griffin
- Priority Member Care Line (50% less wait time)
Everything with the green a is available to you with Cricut Access. You can sign up for Cricut Access right here. It’s a must have for every Cricut owner. 🙂
Did I miss anything? Are you ready to start creating with vinyl?
Enjoy these easy 30 minute vinyl projects! Click the link below the picture. 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.